Dr. Daniel J. Armstrong
Dr. Dan Armstrong was born and raised in Maine. He graduated from the University of Maine-Orono in 1971 and Tufts School of Dental Medicine in 1975. While attending dental school he was a medical technician at Newton Wellesly Hospital in Massachusetts.
Since 1975 he has maintained a general dental practice in South Portland, Maine. He and his wife, Kate, and their pup Cosmo have lived in Buxton, Maine since 1984.
Dr. Armstrong has continually strived to stay current with the field of general dentistry. He and his staff have attended over three thousand hours of continuing education. His interest in Esthetic Dentistry and Implantology led him to Continuum Courses at Case Western University, the Boston Seminars in Implant Dentistry, Seminars in Occlusal Studies, and the Seattle Institute of Advanced Dental Education.
Dr. Armstrong is an accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry of which there are 250 internationally and only ten in the New England Area.
Dr. Armstrong is also a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry as well as other dental organizations. He is Coordinator of the Greater Portland Dental Study Group and a member of the Association of Cosmetic Practices. He has presented courses including Dental Esthetics, Porcelain Veneers, Dental Materials, Tooth Lightening Techniques and Communication, and Comprehensive Treatment Planning.
- University of Maine B.A . 1971
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine 1975
- Private General Dental Practice-Progressive Dental Care since 1975
- Founder DAKA Dental Techs.- A Custom Dental Laboratory 1993
- Private Practice – Esthetic Dentistry of Maine 1994
- Owner Esthetic Dentistry of Maine Digital Imaging Services 2005
- Seminars in Occlusal Studies Continuum 1978-79
- Boston Seminars Implant Dentistry Continuum-1992-93
- Instructor 1994-95
- Case Western Reserve Esthetic Dentistry Continuum 1993-94
- Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education Continuum 1998-00
- The Eubank Institute Continuum 2003-04
- American Dental Association 1975
- Maine Dental Association 1975
- Academy of General Dentistry (Fellow) 1980
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry 1992
- Coordinator Greater Portland Dental Study Group 1992
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (Accredited) 1993
- Seacoast Dental Implant Study Club 2000
- Fellow Piere Fauchard Academy 2005
- Spear Institute Faculty Member 2008
- Maine Spear Connection Study Group 2010
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry Ethics Committee 2010
- ACLS Certified
- Academy of General Dentistry #217598- Approved Course Sponsor
- Editorial Manuscript Advisor JADA, JOPDent
Implantology, Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Materials, Communications, Prosthetics, Porcelain Veneers,
Comprehensive Treatment Planning, Gingival Prosthetic Interphase, Demineralization, Occlusion
Published – Quintessence Yearbook of Dental Technology 1999- Polymerceramics