HAVE YOU EVER HEARD ABOUT AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION? Take care of your smile – your life can depend upon it. And we would so much rather spare you the time, pain, cost and frustration that results from poor oral hygiene.
Our professional dental hygienists live to take better care of your teeth than you do, regardless of how diligent you are. In their hands you will experience a dental cleaning that feels more like a day at the spa, complete with our state-of-the-art ultrasonic scalers that work on a microscopic level to remove the dangerous calculus and bacteria lurking under the gum line.
Here is what we recommend for our patients so that they can enjoy a happy, healthy smile:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, morning and night, with an extra soft bristle hand tooth brush or power tooth brush.
- Floss every day. Make sure to bring the floss below the gum line to keep that area plaque free. Floss under bridgework.
- Use a fluoridated toothpaste.
- Schedule your dental exam and continuing care visit on a 3, 4 or 6 month interval so that our hygienists can detect early signs of gum disease and remove any plaque and or tartar on the teeth.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products. These may cause oral cancer, also irritate your gum tissue, and lead to gingivitis and periodontal disease.
- Avoid snacking on sugary foods and beverages in between meals to prevent decay.
Our highly skilled and dedicated hygiene team arrives at our practice every day armed and ready to educate you on the long-term benefits of proper oral hygiene and the health that results. Our hygienists regularly take continuing education courses to stay on the cutting edge of new techniques and products.